This afternoon Jacob and I met our friend Angie for burgers at 5 Guys, and while the meal was winding down, Jacob took the opportunity to poop out his pants and up his back. This has happened before when we’ve been out to eat (at a Mexican restaurant in Hartford and a Red Lobster in Times Square) and yet I continue to leave the house without bringing an extra outfit for him.
I was out of wet wipes so Angie ran to Duane Reade to pick up a package. By the time she got back I decide it would be easiest to take J to her apartment and give him a bath, so I wiped up the high chair, told the workers it needed some extra disinfectant and we left. On the way, Jacob somehow tripped and ended up on his back on the sidewalk, effectively leaving a poop pile on the cement. He was crying but neither of us wanted to pick him up since there was poop everywhere and the fall seemed to smear it even worse. Angie patted him on the head, “There, there.” Then Angie had the genius idea to make a diaper covering out of plastic bags to keep the poop from going anywhere while we walked. Brilliant.
We laughed so hard after a big greasy meal and Jacob looked so gross, at times I was worried that my food wasn’t going to stay down. But we made it to her apartment, gave him a bath, threw out his clothes, disinfected her tub, and took Jacob home in a cab in just a diaper and sandals.
Angie’s one of my favorite friends and she was such a good sport about the whole thing, but next time we hang out I’m packing an extra outfit for Jacob just to be safe.
14 years ago
3 comments:
I'm laughing again just thinking about this. I've never been so grossed out and so in love with the moment. I sort of wanted it to last forever... but then I'm 100% sure I would have thrown up.
OMG. Jacob--thank you for not doing that 1 hour earlier. I wouldn't have survived...
That is hilarious/gross! Glad you were able to see the humor in the moment! What a funny story you'll always be able to tell :)
Post a Comment