Jacob still brings up our trip to Great Wolf Lodge on a daily basis. Sometimes when he's waxing poetic about it I remind him that he's been to Disney World twice and that at his age, those vacations should have left a greater mark upon his soul than a weekend at an indoor water park in the Poconos. He remains unphased.
Jon planned and booked this trip all on his lonesome. He wanted me to look into things and give him feedback, but I never really did. (Sometimes he hates me. And in fairness, he should.) But even without any direction from me the weekend was spectacular. (Get over yourself, Anna). Spectacular might be a little generous. It was a surprising and wonderful success.
The first surprise was that I wanted to drive there. Dear readers, I never get behind the wheel. Especially in large cities. I've never been allowed, or remotely interested, in driving in San Francisco or New York. And as often as Jon tells me I should just rent a car and do mid-week Costco runs on my own, I respond with, "Do you want me to die?" I would only go if I had someone to watch the kids so I don't have to worry about my children getting hit by a wayward crosstown bus or a reckless taxi cab. Or even worse, one of those illegal dirt bike / atv gangs as seen in this video here. (Cassi, look it's Matt Maroon). Where was I going with this? Oh that's right, I drove. No one died. And it wasn't as terrifying as I thought it would be. My friend Sharon summed up NYC driving best with, "Just think of the lines on Amsterdam as vague guidelines and the city as a huge, flowing, amazing river that requires constant vigilance."
Less than two hours later we'd arrived. Jon couldn't get over how lame the "mountains" are out here. He's a Rocky Mountain snob. Really they looked more like vibrant green rolling hills. This is the year I'm demanding we go for a drive when the leaves change. I'm an old person in a youngish person's body.
Is anyone still reading this? Lets get to the pictures:

Dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. This town near GWL called Stroudsburg had every chain restaurant imaginable (except Chick fil A). Texas Roadhouse wasn't open for lunch so we settled for a Longhorn Steakhouse. It was cheap, but it lacked those tasty Texas Roadhouse rolls. Clearly we were glad to have survived my driving.

Lousy picture, but you can kind of see that the table was inside a tent thing. Food at this restaurant was buffet, and not terrible. Pretty good variety as well.
Watching TV before bedtime
3>



























1 comments:
Looks like a fun place. So proud of your driving skills.
Post a Comment