Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, July 04, 2008

cards from mom




Ever since I went away for college Mom has sent me a card a week. Sometimes she sends pictures, gifts, scriptures, or quotes, but most of the time it's a simple and heartfelt hello. I look forward to getting her cards each week. This week she provided good food for thought from a book her friend Natalina gave her for her birthday called Mee Thinks by Mary Ellen Edmonds.

If you were to describe your home to someone who had never been there would you say things like: “Love is spoken here.” “We have chosen to serve the Lord.” “We are trying a little harder to be a little better” “This is where we have family prayer.”

The answer for me is of course not. Look at the name of our blog – it’s commentary on our life in a studio apartment. So inspired by this week’s quote from Mom, I’m changing the description to reflect what we hope people will feel as they spend time with us in our home.

1 comments:

Eric and Jamie said...

Love the thought, Love your blog, love YOU. You have not let me down, and I don't think you ever could. =) Keep up the good thoughts. Reminds me of the good times when we lived in the same room and could talk about the crazy things of life everyday, now I can read them on your blog. Really happiness in your blog. Yeah!