I had two rather spectacular food experiences today.
Whenever my coworker Mike walks by with his hazelnut coffee in hand, I want to follow him back to his desk, sniffing the air until he’s done. So delish! He came by today, causing a craving that lead Heidi and I to head down to Starbucks for some soy hot chocolate, this time with a shot of hazelnut, instead of my usual vanilla shot. This act has changed my life. It pairs so well with soy. How did I ever live with out it? 23 years of waste, I tell you. This 24th fall/winter will set things right.
And for lunch Brittany and I went to try a hot dog place called Crif Dogs on St. Marks btwn 1 and A. To give you a sense of what this tiny basement joint is like, let me quote from the menu “Thanks for choosing Crif Dogs. We sincerely hope you loved it. If you didn’t, we would like to know why, so we can single you out for ridicule and/or a severe beating...” Inside the shop, a sign alerts the diner that “knuckle sandwiches” are served to the deserving. And they even have a delivery menu designed for the stoned; an example, “Stoner Pack One: A mystery grab bag of eats – we won’t tell you what you’re getting – but we guarantee that it will fill the moderately stoned.” Baha.
Okay, the hot dogs weren’t all that special, but they did serve tater tots, “Gimme some of your tots Napoleon”, and RC Cola which, Brittany, a Southerner, was excited about.
Now I smell like grease. Sorry cube-mate Ben.
14 years ago
2 comments:
I, too, learned the wonders of hazelnut while in NY! And Starbucks obliged by making me many hazelnut hot chocolates and some hazelnut steamers.
Really liked the sounds of the hot dog place. Look at them catering to people like stoned people....ba ha....a really loud BA HA! I love hearing about your eating experiences in NYC! I should venture out and taste some new goodness.....
Post a Comment