Last Sunday Jon and I were asked to run a booth at the Primary Halloween Carnival. Figuring that Jon wouldn’t be able to make it, when the sign up was passed around Relief Society, I hissed at my friends that they needed to sign up too. They are good people and likely would have volunteered on their own, but I felt like being stranded at an activity with children would was a risk I was unwilling to take, thus the hissing.
I was assigned to man the Monster Lab. I modified the suggestions I found online, blind folding the kids and having them reach into bowls of monster parts to touch Vienna sausage for fingers, apricots for ears, and cabbage for brains.
Here’s Kari the Indian, Angie the Witch and Anna the Fairy. Pregnant Margo was also dressed as a witch, but she was in the other corner of the gym talking to grown-ups when we were having our photo shoot.
And one of Angie and I; husbandless as usual.
Why did no one tell me I looked so lumpy? Oh well. The best costume award goes to a Sunbeam who dressed up like Nastia Liukin. Pink leotard, gold medal and all.
Sunday was the Primary Sacrament meeting which is always a favorite Sunday, but this time I have to tell you it, it went above and beyond with individual interviews, costumes, pantomime, guest singers and not one but two multimedia slideshows. Having been warned that it might go long, there were snacks to be had; never you mind that!
I wish I could remember all of the funny things that were said and done. In addition to the general wiggling and squirming little bodies, shout singing, one funny part was when some of the boys were dressed as their favorite Book of Mormon heroes Ammon told us about the time he was guarding the King’s flocks he raised up his sword to show us how he cut off arms with it, later when he was talking bout the conversion of all the King’s peoples, he commented that he personally was not in favor of a state mandated religion! He’s like 9!! One of the Sunbeams told us we could show Heavenly Father we love our family by eating spinach and green beans. The best part was that for some unknown reason our two young men were sitting on the stand looking bored. Any one know why they were there?
14 years ago
2 comments:
Multimedia?! Your ward is awesome. I also want to adopt that little boy!!
what great costumes for the ward Halloween party. Sad we never made it.
Post a Comment