Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 15, 2010

another good soup

This post has to start with the lament that Good Morning America isn’t so great without Diane and Chris. It’s not that I thought they were amazing, is just that this new group doesn’t seem to mesh, mostly because Robin seems sad and Sam seems angry. He maybe had a crush on Chris. I did a little. Just kidding. And I hate the Fox morning show, and Al Roker annoys me so I mostly only watch The Today Show during the Olympics. Anyway, my point is that I don’t watch GMA as much anymore, but when I saw that Emeril was on making Broccoli and Cheese soup I had to sit and watch. I think he misses Chris too.

This is my take on his recipe that you can find here.

Heat 2 Tbs olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat
Sautee half a large yellow onion thinly sliced and three or four cloves of garlic
Add ½ tsp of salt, ½ tsp of black pepper and 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper while the onion and garlic cook
Add 2 ½ cans of chicken stock and let it boil
Add 5 cups of broccoli, fresh or frozen and cook until its soft
Puree soup adding 2 cups of cheese as you go

This makes for a small batch, only 4 bowls, so next time I’m planning on doubling it so the leftovers last longer.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I totally have a crush on Chris!!

Jennifer Jensen said...

I made this soup today and it was pretty good and more importantly, it was easy! Thanks for sharing.

Jon and Annalisa said...

I'm glad you liked it and I'm even more glad you also have a crush on Chris. :)